The mission of the NCWU Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) is to support and promote opportunities for students in all disciplines to engage in advanced inquiry through research, creative, and scholarly experiences.
To promote collaboration between faculty members and students, and to enhance professional advancement and life-long learning through research, scholarly, and creative experiences.
Major initiatives of the OUR include:
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of undergraduate research opportunities/faculty research areas
- Offering an annual faculty-student research award
- Providing undergraduate research guides and workshops including research poster design guides, IRB guides, scientific writing tips, research ethics, and more
- Highlighting student research conducted by NCWU students (conference presentations, journal publications, NCWCU undergraduate research symposia, etc.)
- Educating faculty on the benefits of mentoring undergraduate researchers
- Maintaining an up to date database of national and international student research funding opportunities
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of available research-related equipment in order to foster research collaborations across disciplines
- Maintaining an up-to-date digital repository of faculty and undergraduate research products (faculty and student publications, student research posters, Honors College theses, etc.)
- Partnering with relevant campus entities (NCWU Library, NCWCU Writing Center, the Teaching and Learning Center, etc.) to enhance student research support and experiences.
- Publishing an annual OUR newsletter
Contact the OUR
OUR Director: Dr. Shannon Crowley
p: 252-985-5225 e: firstname.lastname@example.org