Fund Your Research

There are many ways to receive funding to support your research: through the OUR, from other funding sources at NCWU, and from external sources.

The OUR provides an annual faculty-student research award (FSRA) of $500. This award may be used to purchase supplies, software, or equipment to support the conduction of student research, and/or provide funding to help cover travel expenses for the student to present their research at a conference. This award also covers a one-semester course release for the faculty mentor.

Undergraduate student researchers may be able to apply for various funding opportunities through national, local, and discipline-specific grants and awards. Click the link above for a short list of external funding opportunities for undergraduate student researchers.